Sunday, June 21, 2009

Review-Undiscovered Gyrl



From Amazon:

Only on the internet can you have so many friends and be so lonely.

Beautiful, wild, funny, and lost, Katie Kampenfelt is taking a year off before college to find her passion. Ambitious in her own way, Katie intends to do more than just smoke weed with her boyfriend, Rory, and work at the bookstore. She plans to seduce Dan, a thirty-two-year-old film professor.

Katie chronicles her adventures in an anonymous blog, telling strangers her innermost desires, shames, and thrills. But when Dan stops taking her calls, when her alcoholic father suffers a terrible fall, and when she finds herself drawn into a dangerous new relationship, Katie's fearless narrative begins to crack, and dark pieces of her past emerge.

Sexually frank, often heartbreaking, and bursting with devilish humor, Undiscovered Gyrl is an extraordinarily accomplished novel of identity, voyeurism, and deceit.

Check this out online!

My Review:

Wow! What can I say? I opened this book and was instantly sucked in. I seriously couldn't put it down! *much to my husband's amusement!* I first was slightly annoyed at the format of the book but that quickly vanished. Katie's story is told via blog entry. Each entry progresses the story of her life. I really liked Katie. She was both interesting and relate-able. The story reads fast, most likely because of the blog format but you don't feel like you are missing anything. Like she says, she only "posts" the important stuff that people need to know. There's not unnecessary chatter just the straight facts. This one kept me flipping the pages! The ending is..well you need to get your hands on this book. It's got a release date of August 11, 2009. You won't be disappointed!

**also if you follow the link above to the website you'll get a teaser-like movie*

I give this book a 5/5 stars!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, wow. I can't believe you liked this one! Just goes to show - different strokes and all of that! I'm posting my review on Monday, and I hope it's okay that I linked to yours - I wanted people to get other perspectives than mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this one too! I read it all at once and laughed a lot. I was totally shocked to find out the author was a middle-aged man!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!