Tuesday, October 19, 2010

John Dies at the End


From the Website:

It’s a drug that promises an out-of-body experience with each hit. On the street they call it Soy Sauce, and users can drift across time and dimensions. But some who come back are no longer human.

Suddenly a silent, otherworldly invasion is underway, and mankind needs a hero. What it gets instead is John and David, a pair of college dropouts who can barely hold down jobs.

Can these two stop the oncoming horror in time to save humanity?

No. No, they can’t.

______________________________

Here’s some background on the magical and mostly retarded tale of how this book came to be:

Around the turn of the century, while working in a cubicle at an insurance company I, David Wong, wrote a “fictional” story about my brush with the supernatural and posted it on the web.

Over the years word of mouth buzz drew in more than 70,000 readers.



******
My Review:

Okay so you know what? This book was insane. But it was insane in a GOOD way. I felt like I had taken a long acid trip after I finished this book. I loved it. I loved the style of writing and I love the characters. I cannot remember the last time a book actually made me laugh out loud almost every other page!

My husband even picked it up and read it! He LIKED IT too! This never happens! He thought the writing was similar in style to Douglas Adams and his Hitchhiker's books. I was shocked that he enjoyed a book that I also liked!

There are so many quotes from this book that just had me giggling! I loved John! His random responses are just hilarious! Poor Dave. Really the guy needs to take a nap, and have a day that doesn't involve lamp-humping flying jellyfish!

If you have a sense of humor and enjoy laughing at oddball things then you should read this book! NOW!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds great. I love odd ball. My daughter calls me potty. A laugh a page is good, I wish I could write commedy - maybe next book.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!