Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Review: If I Stay

Omg, you guys! This book, my cheeks they still be moist with the salty tears of sadness! This book is simply ah-mazing. I cannot begin to describe it. I cannot remember the last book I devoured in one day! I am kind of free writing this right now, as I have literally just put it down.

I was completely swept up in this story. My soul ached for her, her parents, and brother. The emotional aspects of this book are just well done. Not at all over the top. No angels or bright lights for Mia to walk towards..nothing. Just the question. Should she stay or should she go?

That right there made me weep like a baby. Personally I've been on the other side of that conundrum. I've watched a loved one as they lay in a hospital bed fighting for their lives. I know what THAT part is like. This book gave me a little glimpse at what it was like for the one in the bed. That is heart wrenching and ...wow.

This is one of my new favorite books.

The quote on the inside cover is quite right. It IS an achingly beautiful story. I definitely recommend it.

1 comment:

  1. This definitely sounds like a must read, and your enthusiasm has sold me on it! I will track down a copy of this book!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!