Tuesday, May 10, 2011

What's Melissa Reading Now?

Well so flattered that you asked! I happen to be on a fantasy kick this week! So I have two books that I am shoving my nose and brain into!



First up, since I've become a slave to the show...I'm reading (on my nook) A Game of Thrones. I'm not too far into it yet, since it's massive and I'm lazy but still. I did it bass ackwards and watched the show first, so I'm enjoying seeing how well they adapted it!

The other book I found by random bit of trivia. I LOVE the band Within Temptation and was listening to Hand of Sorrow, which is an amazing song! The lyrics are a story of a man that has to choose between obeying his oath and following his heart and being with his love. (A very fantasy kind of story) Well anyhoodle, I was curious to know if it was about anyone in particular and was DELIGHTED to find out it was inspired by a fantasy series by Robin Hobb called the Farseer Trilogy. So I picked up the first book called Assassin's Apprentice. Thus choosing my other fantasy read for the week!


So basically that's all I'm focusing on this week! I do have the two big super chunky books that I am reading as well. I'm still reading John Adams (even though I had to drop out of the read-a-long) and The Crimson Petal and the White.

1 comment:

  1. You and I are reading the same books! Well, duh, we knew that from the JA read along and The Crimson Petal for TuesBookTalk, but I had no idea you were reading Game of Thrones. I've been reading it for a few weeks now and staying just ahead of the show so I know pretty much what's going to happen each episode. I keep giving spoiler-ish info to my husband. Luckily, he doesn't get too mad! It is an absolutely excellent book. I can't believe it took me this long to discover it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!