Saturday, October 22, 2016

Read-a-Thon Day! *Cough Cough*

It's read-a-thon day my doods! If you've been to my blog more than a few seconds you can tell a few things about me. 1. I love read-a-thons. 2. I rarely ever finish them. Today will be no exception! For I am ill, a nasty cold has befallen me and whilst I plan on reading and trying my hand at a few of the challenges, I will most likely not finish the full 24 hours. However, it's tradition!

So here goes probably  nothin' I'm already starting an hourish late:

Intro thingy:
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? I am in Alabama! On the Northeast portion of the state! About an hourish away from B'ham and 45 minutes away (with good traffic) from ATL.
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? I didn't make a stack this year, but I'm honestly looking forward to finishing one book.
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? I've got a pork roast in the slow cooker that's gonna be the holy grail of delicious!
4) Tell us a little something about yourself! This is my yearly thing. I love this read-a-thon and everyone that takes part! I've tried to participate in some way each year.
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to? As I mentioned before, I'm not well. So this year is going to be very very different. I'm probably not going to read as much this year, but I'm going to try my bestest! 

Updates will be random!

1st Update: (Hours 1-3)
Rosemary and Rue by Seanan McGuire
Pages: 40

2nd Update: (Hours 4-5)
Rosemary and Rue
Pages: (Starting at 40) 31 pages this block

Oh yeah! I forgot to mention that I had a brain fart last week and forgot today was Read-a-Thon day, so I booked a 3 hour shift at work. It's a work from home job, so I can still read during slow points, but still. Go me! :(

3rd Update (Hours 5-8) I'm working this block, so I probably won't have much notable progress.
Rosemary and Rue
Pages (71) 7pages read this block. I totally did not get any free time to work! :(

4th Update-In the grand tradition of me failing at read-a-thons, i failed this one too! woo hoo! Where's my cookie?

The sickness took control and I wound up not being able to concentrate much :( Oh well, there is next time!



2 comments:

  1. Mmm... Slow cooked pork roast sounds tasty. Hope you get to feeling a little better. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you are sick, I hope you feel better soon!
    Have fun reading!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!